Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Picked up the Car, Dropped Off Another

Last night I picked up my Toyota from the mechanic's. I had them check the breaks since the car was already there and the last time I was at the Toyota/Lexus dealer for an oil change they said I needed to get my front brakes/rotors replaced. What a bunch of BS since my mechanic who I trust more said the breaks will last me another year without any problems. I gotta admit my mechanic is pretty good, he has often given honest advice, which in turn has saved me money. Granted if he wanted to make a quick buck he could have told me that my breaks do in fact need to be replaced. He charged me $24.50 to get them checked, saving me a few hundred that the Toyota/Lexus dealer wanted. Not a bad deal.

I also got the bill for all of the battery related issues due to the stupidity of the tow truck driver who AAA sent, which came to $80.60. This morning I spoke to Annette, a rep for AAA, who advised me to fax her the bill and upon her review she will send a check to reimburse me. I have faxed her the receipt, but will probably call her later today to get an update and to verify she received the fax, even though I have a fax receipt as well.

I forgot to say this earlier, but yes I know not to let my battery drain. A lesson learned I guess.

Since I went to pick up the car by myself I figured it would be a good chance to drop off my Honda to get the oil changed and to get the breaks checked as well. Around November my mechanic said that I should come back when I get time in the next month or so to get my breaks replaced, thus I have dropped that vehicle off for him to perform the required work.

No comments: