Monday, March 12, 2007

Another Rebate and On Hold With Sprint

Good news is today I got a $30 Radio Shack mail in rebate for a Logitech Wireless Keyboard and mouse.

Today I contacted Sprint in order to get a replacement Motorola RAZR, since the one I got for my dad was not holding a charge for a long period. My parents were out of contract on their cell phone lines with Sprint and they have had their current phones for over 2 years. I ended up calling Sprint and saying I was going to leave them since Verizon and Cingular are offering the RAZR for $25 or even free. The retention rep offered 2 Motorola RAZR's for $50, which was a good deal for a full featured phone, so I went with this deal. I wanted my parents to have a feature rich phone that was also small and easy to use. Another advantage is that this phone has a built in mp3 player with removable memory, which would come in handy when my parents do not have their IPods with them, but want to listen to music. I was on hold for roughly 1 hour and 20 minutes, but I finally got a rep who helped me. The rep is sending out a new RAZR replacement phone as cell as a prepaid mailer to use when sending the defective phone back. The wait time was very long, but I guess in the end it will pay off since my dad will have a phone that actually maintains a charge.

No comments: