Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Citi Dividends Credit Card Changes

Today in the mail I received 2 letters from Citi in regard to both my Citi Dividends MasterCard and my Citi Dividends American Express Card. Both these cards used to offer 5% cash back on grocery, gas, and pharmacy purchases. The letter today stated that the 5% is being lowered to 2% now. In my wallet I used to carry the American Express card, since it offered the cash back as well as it was an American Express card, which was nice to use when purchasing groceries. So now with this change I have to reevaluate what cards to keep in my wallet. I currently carry a Discover 5% cash back on restaurant purchases, a Discover 5% cash back on gas purchases, an Orchard Bank 2% cash back on all purchases, and for now I have replaced the 4th card with the American Express Simply Cash card, which offers 5% cash back on office supplies, gas, and cell phone related purchases. Overall I am now in the process to see if there is anything better to use, so we shall see how that goes. I like to have the separate cards to separate my purchases, which makes it easier when paying bills.

No comments: