Sunday, March 11, 2007

End of Citi Dividends 5% Cash Back

As I mentioned before I had a MasterCard and an American Express Citi Dividends Platinum Card. Both of these cards offered 5% cash back on grocery, gas, and pharmaceutical purchases. The one thing I liked about the American Express card is that it offered the price protection feature that American Express used to offer on majority of their cards. With this is mind, I closed my MasterCard card and had it's credit line transferred to my American Express' card. I think I will continue to carry the Citi Dividends American Express card in my wallet. Also as mentioned earlier, I am still considering whether or not to replace the Discover 5% cash back card for gas and auto mechanic shop purchases. Recently I also noticed that more and more restaurants are starting to not accept Discover credit cards. This problem has become annoying at times when trying to use my Discover Restaurant card that gives 5% cash back on restaurant purchases. Luckily I normally carry at least 3 to 4 credit cards on me.

No comments: