Monday, March 5, 2007

Back From Vacation

So I got back early this morning around 3am from my mini vacation to Miami with some of my friends. Overall the trip was not too expensive at all, especially when considering all that we did. The grand total for my part of the trip came out to be $641.14. The costs for the trip was split between a total of 8 guys. For the most part everything in Miami costs more than it does in other places. For example regular unleaded gas was on average $2.79/gallon versus the $2.39 it is around where I live. The total costs of the 3 day trip covered flights to and from Fort Lauderdale, rental of a Lincoln Navigator SUV, 1 night for 2 bedrooms at an average hotel, which by the way was horrible, then 1 night at the Ritz Carlton, tickets to a concert, tickets to the pre-party, tickets to the after-party, gas for the SUV (1 fill-up), parking for the SUV, alcoholic beverages, and lastly airport parking.

Yes, I know there would have been better alternatives as fas as savings costs associated to the trip, but for this trip I was surely not trying to be too frugal, which is not the norm when it comes to me and vacations.

No comments: