Saturday, March 10, 2007

Doc's No Show Fee

I forgot to mention this, but on Thursday my dad got a letter in the mail which was addressed in my name and from the ophthalmologist who I used to go to. I was supposed to go see this doctor until I found out he does not accept my insurance. Originally I did make an appointment, which gave me time to find out whether or not my insurance would cover any expenses if I was to go see him. Apparently my insurance will not cover the bill, so I wanted to cancel my appointment. A day before the appointment, I went ahead and canceled the appointment. This letter that recently was in the mail was in regard to a $50 no show fee for the doctor. I read the letter and thought what the heck, I did in fact cancel my appointment. So on Friday I called the doctor's office and talked to a rep who helped straighten out this mess. Sure $50 may not seem like much, but then again I did not do anything where I was be at fault, so why give away my $50. Again every penny counts. I understand why doctors have this policy, but they should make sure that whoever handles their appointments, know what they are doing.

No comments: